ARKANSAS ENTERPRISES FOR THE DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED, INC., AUXILIARY BYLAWS
I. Name and purpose
1. The name of the organization shall be the Arkansas Enterprises for the Developmentally Disabled, Inc. (“AEDD”) Auxiliary (“Auxiliary”).
2. Goal: To bring together men and women of like minds to promote and provide volunteer services and fundraising for AEDD and to support individuals with developmental disabilities.
3. Mission Statement: To support AEDD as volunteers to improve the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities.
II. Membership and Dues
1. Every member of the Auxiliary shall be required to complete and return a membership form and an annual update form. If a member does not complete an annual update form, the member will be placed on inactive status.
2. Every member shall be required to pay annual dues by January 31 of each year.
3. The Auxiliary Slush Fund shall include annual dues, donations and revenues from special projects in which the Auxiliary participates.
4. The Auxiliary shall retain sole discretion of expenditures from the Auxiliary Slush Fund, based on the voting result for a proposed purpose.
5. Records of the Auxiliary’s financials shall be administered by the AEDD Accounting Department.
6. Expectations of Auxiliary members are as follows:
● Every member should endeavor to attend monthly meetings.
● Every member is required to volunteer for a minimum of four (4) hours per year (This may include, but is not limited to, activities related to fundraising events, client events, securing auction items and special Auxiliary projects).
7. The following shall constitute a cause for removal from Auxiliary membership:
● Unethical behavior as determined by the officers of the Auxiliary.
● Violation of AEDD client confidentiality.
1. The officers shall consist of a Chairman, a Vice Chairman and a Secretary to be
nominated and elected by the members.
2. Elected officers shall serve a term of one year.
3. Nominations shall be submitted in October and elections shall be held in
November. Induction of new officers shall be held in January.
4. Expectations of AEDD Auxiliary officers:
● The Chairman shall preside at all general meetings, appoint committee
members and perform other duties as associated with the office.
● The Vice Chairman shall assume the duties of the Chairman in the event
of the Chairman’s absence.
● The Secretary shall be responsible for the minutes of the meetings and
shall prepare the minutes for electronic delivery to all members.
1. Standing Auxiliary committees shall include the following:
● ACTS in the Rock
● Wine Pull
● Client Events
● Curtain Call for a Cause Fundraiser
● Food and Beverage
● Hawgs for a Cause Fundraiser
● Public Relations
● Silent Auction
2. Special committees may be appointed by the Auxiliary chairman.
3. Adding and removing standing Auxiliary committees shall be subject to a quorum
vote by the membership.
1. Regular meetings shall be held on the second Thursday of each month.
2. Special meetings may be called at any time at the discretion of the Auxiliary
chairman or a committee chairman.
(a) Thirty percent (30%) of the total membership shall constitute a quorum.
(b) In the absence of a quorum, an anonymous e-mail vote shall be taken with
the majority deciding the vote.
2. Passage of a motion at a meeting shall require a simple majority (one more than
half the members present).
VII. Fiscal Policies
The fiscal year of the auxiliary shall be January 1 through December 31.
These bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of members present at any
meeting, provided a quorum of thirty percent (30%) is present.