I. Name and Purpose
1. The name of the organization shall be the Arkansas Enterprises for the Developmentally
Disabled, Inc. (“AEDD”) Auxiliary (“Auxiliary”).
2. Goal: To bring together men and women of like minds to promote and provide volunteer
services and fundraising for AEDD and to support individuals with developmental disabilities.
3. Mission Statement: To support AEDD as volunteers to improve the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities.
II. Membership and Dues
1. Members of the Auxiliary shall be required to complete and return an online membership form, online annual update form and pay annual dues. If a member does not pay annual dues the member will be placed on inactive status.
2. Active and sustaining members shall be required to pay annual dues by January 31st
3. All members are encouraged to participate in monthly meetings and volunteer to help
with extracurricular activities related to fundraising events, client events, securing auction items
and special Auxiliary projects
4. The Auxiliary shall be comprised of two (2) levels of membership:
5. The Auxiliary Slush Fund shall include annual dues, donations and revenues from special projects in which the Auxiliary participates.
6. The Auxiliary shall retain sole discretion of expenditures from the Auxiliary Slush Fund, based on the voting result for a proposed purpose.
7. Records of the Auxiliary’s financials shall be administered by the AEDD Accounting Department.
8. The following shall constitute a cause for removal from Auxiliary membership:
● Unethical behavior as determined by the officers of the Auxiliary.
● Violation of AEDD client confidentiality.
1. The officers shall consist of a President, a Vice President and a Secretary to be nominated and elected by the members.
2. Nominations shall be submitted in November. Election and induction of officers
shall be held in January.
3. Expectations of AEDD Auxiliary officers:
● The President shall preside at all general meetings, appoint committee members and perform other duties as associated with the office.
● The Vice President shall assume the duties of the President in the event of the President’s absence and serve as the membership liaison. The membership liaison will encourage involvement and promote volunteer opportunities to all members.
● The Secretary shall be responsible for the minutes of the meetings and shall prepare the minutes for electronic delivery to all members.
1. Standing Auxiliary committees shall include the following:
● Client Events
● Curtain Call Fundraiser
● Food and Beverage
● Hawgs for a Cause Fundraiser
● Silent Auction & Wine Auction
2. Special committees may be appointed by the Auxiliary President.
3. Decorating, Food and Beverage and Silent Auction committees will consist of two separate committees: Chairman and committee for Curtain Call and Chairman and committee for Hawgs for a Cause.
4. The Auxiliary President will serve as Chairman of the annual Hawgs for a Cause fundraising event.
5. Adding and removing standing Auxiliary committees shall be subject to a quorum
vote by the membership.
1. Regular meetings shall be held on the second Thursday of each month.
2. Special meetings may be called at any time at the discretion of the Auxiliary President or Committee Chairman
(a) Thirty percent (30%) of the active membership shall constitute a quorum.
(b) In the absence of a quorum, an anonymous e-mail vote shall be taken with
the majority deciding the vote.
2. Passage of a motion at a meeting shall require a simple majority (one more than half the members present).
VII. Fiscal Policies
The fiscal year of the auxiliary shall be January 1 through December 31.
These bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of active members present at any
meeting, provided a quorum of thirty percent (30%) is present.