The AEDD Volunteer Auxiliary was formed in February 2009. Currently we have 67 members who form numerous committees that support special events and projects benefitting AEDD. The auxiliary has proven to be a true asset for AEDD and the children and adults served by our organization. No matter how much, or little, time you have to offer there is a place for you to get involved in the auxiliary.
Facts About Our Auxiliary:
- Founded in February 2009 with a current membership of over 60 active volunteers
- Holds a monthly meeting on the second Thursday of each month
- Organizes two annual fundraisers each year, Hawgs for a Cause and Curtain Call for a Cause.
- Assists with monthly extracurricular activities held for the adult clients and special events held at the AEDD Children’s Learning Center.
- Assisrs with monthly activities for AEDD adult consumers
- Provides a monthly snack day for staff at the adult skills training center.
- Supports special activities including Camp Runnamuck and creative and dramatic arts programs
- Promotes AEDD through media, business and personal contact.
HERE ARE SOME WAYS YOU OR YOUR PLACE OF WORK CAN HELP!
- Hold a reading circle time at our preschool
- Volunteer to work a weekend social event for our adults on the third Saturday morning of each month – schedule
- Help coach our Miracle League softball team
- Volunteer to serve lunch or help with a craft activity at “Camp Runnamuck” – a 2 day camp at Camp Aldersgate